BEP-Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fergie Q&A (2/15/08)

Go down

Fergie Q&A (2/15/08) Empty Fergie Q&A (2/15/08)

Post  avid Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:48 am

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0215fergie.html

Fergie ready for March date in Tempe
Larry Rodgers
The Arizona Republic
Feb. 15, 2008 04:46 PM

After performing at the Grammy Awards with John Legend, Fergie is gearing up to headline the second night of the Tempe Music Festival, which runs March 28-29.

Fergie (real name: Stacy Ferguson) no doubt will sing the string of hits from her debut solo album, The Dutchess, including Big Girls Don't Cry, Fergalicious and Glamorous.

We caught up with Fergie, who also performs with the Black Eyed Peas, at a studio in her native Los Angeles to chat about her red-hot career and stop in Arizona.

Here are five questions with Fergie. Watch azcentral.com as the music festival gets closer for more from the interview and coverage of My Chemical Romance, which headlines on March 28.

QUESTION: Sales of The Dutchess have surpassed 6 million worldwide. Were you initially surprised by the amazing reaction to your first solo effort?

ANSWER: Yeah, because I just felt lucky that I'd finally gotten to make my full album. It had been my hugest dream, my lifetime project. And for each song to have a life of its own, it was blessing after blessing for me.

Q: As your profile has gotten higher and higher, how are you handling all the attention from the media in LA?

A: It's a necessary evil nowadays, you can't really avoid it. I can't live in a cave, but at the same time, I'm not the kind of person to want to flaunt it all over the place. You have to live your life and accept that it's there.

Q: It seems that the Black Eyed Peas are the type of group where there is no drama when you, will.i.am or others decide to pursue solo projects. Is that the case?

A: It's just about honesty, and we're friends. So it's about saying what we want to do and respecting each other. I'm actually here at the studio with (co-founding member apl.de.ap) right now for his record. We're just a big family, we really love each other.

Q: What did the solo CD allow you to do that you hadn't accomplished with Black Eyed Peas.

A: Spread my wings and (write about) female empowerment. I got to say things that I really couldn't say on a Black Eyed Peas record because it wasn't appropriate. . . . I could let people know who I am more, instead of just this tomboy bebopping onstage.

Q: Growing up in Los Angeles, did you get over to Phoenix much?

A: Not as much Phoenix, but I definitely went to Lake Havasu a lot for spring break and Labor Day. Copper Canyon - a lot of memories there. (Laughs)

avid

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum